During previous Ramadan, we tried to fast but when we were not, we needed to make sure we are eating quality food. We have fitness goals at the moment and fat loss is part of this equation. [Going to restaurants surely does not help the process, ugh] So we need to make sure the fuel that is going in the body whilst fasting is helping us achieve.
We are a couple that works very hard. When we are not working full time, we are travelling a lot, we are up late at night working on our other personal hobbies and playing sports. So cooking food isn’t always high on the priority list.
So to make sure we same some time, we tried out Detox Delight. These guys take all the guessing game out of healthy eating, and offer organic and natural food for us to eat! They have the big five of healthy food: they are Organic, 100% Natural, Gluten-Free, Vegan and Cold-Pressed.
Daily plans with Detox Delight come with different fun juices, snacks and meals for brekkie, lunch and dinner. An example of a typical daily menu with Detox-Delight is:
Breakfast: Homemade granola with Yoghurt & Mix Berry Mousse – Oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, dates, cinnamon, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, soy yogurt, maple syrup (YESSSS)
Snacks: These change all the time but loved loved loved loved what we had
Lunch: We had the Mexican Street Salad with Lime-Chilli dressing, delish – Avocado, radish, mango, carrot, coriander, chilli, olive oil, lime, maple
Dinner: Quinoa Salad – Quinoa, carrots, broccoli, corn, salt and pepper, lemon
Extras – Ice Pops!: Like whhhattt? Good and healthy!
- Frozen Salad “Get Vitamin-iced” (15 AED)
- Frozen Heartbeet “License to chill” (15 AED)
- Frozen Coco-Nuts (17 AED)
Juices: All Detox Delight juices you get are full of good vegetables and fruits, so you get your nutrients in for the day.
What we liked:
- Instructions were very clear and easy to follow
- It’s packaged really well – I mean those jars are so cool!
- The food was all fresh and tasty … we can have that breakfast everyday … way too fresh and delish!
- Way too in love with their juices, the snacks and the extra granola snack that we actually all poured in the breakfast jar haha!
What we didn’t:
- Pricing is quite high, but healthy and Big 5’s come with a price!
- Totally our fault, we thought the lunch salad sucked, but it’s because we totally forgot the sauce! *Facepalm*
- Delivery cost … maybe use Fetchr? 80 is quite a turn off
Good job Detox Delight… we were satisfied 🙂
Follow them on @detoxdelightdubai
Have you ever cleansed or detoxed before? Share with us your experience!