There are many itineraries available for the Everest Base Camp trek. Some are within shorter days and others longer. Here is the longer journey we took considering we wanted to set a World Guinness up there for the highest altitude fitness class in the world!
Here is the itinerary of our trek to Everest Base Camp. We were very careful not to go up the mountain too quickly so we could conserve energy and prevent us from getting altitude sickness. Make sure you get travel insurance as well just in case you get sick up the mountain, no hospitals that high up!
Depending on your fitness level, you may take an extra day more or less. As we said, you do not want go up too quickly as you will almost guarantee yourself sickness.
It was an amazing experience and after plenty of research, we are very glad that we chose this itinerary to follow:
- Day 0: Final preparations Kathmandu. Make sure you visit Thamel district
- Day 1: Kathmandu to Lukla. 35 minute flight. Lukla (2800m) to Phakding (2652m). 3-4 hours walk
- Day 2: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m). 5-6 hours walk
- Day 3: Acclimatization Day (Namche Bazaar). Day walk to Khumjung to visit Sir Edmund Hillary School
- Day 4: Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3876m). 5-6 hours walk
- Day 5: Acclimatization (Tengboche). Watch monks prayer at Tengboche Monastery.
- Day 6: Tengboche to Dingboche (4358m). 5-6 hours walk
- Day 7: Acclimatization Day (Dingboche)
- Day 8: Dingboche to Lobuche (4928m). 5-6 hours walk
- Day 9: Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5164m). 3 hours walk
- Day 10: Gorak Shep to Kala Patthar (5500m). 4 hours walk return
- Day 11: Gorak Shep to Everest Base Camp (5320m). 4 hours round trip
- Day 12: Gorak Shep to Pheriche (4240m). 6 hour walk
- Day 13: Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (3440m). 8 hour walk
- Day 14: Namche Baazar to Lukla (2800m). 4 hours walk
Disclaimer: This page contains affiliate links. We use them as a way of assisting us in maintaining our website and follow our passion. Please use them when you are booking as it supports us greatly. This is not a paid review and all opinions are our own. Thank you.