When you hear Dubai you are usually expecting grand things. You’ve got it right, the XDubai team, after have created in the past a zip-line going across the Dubai dancing fountain show at the Dubai Mall have created another one going from a 90-meter high tower in Dubai Marina building down to the Dubai Marina Mall by Emaar.
This attraction called the XLine and is to date the longest urban zip-line in the world. The feeling going through this flight is incredible and you will want to do it two or three times! Let’s start with the most important:
How much does the Dubai Marina Xline Zip-line cost?
If you go alone, it will cost you 650 AED (175$US) and if you go with a friend, which they call the Double Trouble, it will cost you 1200 AED (325$US). Not bad, I’ll take that 100 AED (27$US) saved on the the price!
Things you should know about the Marina Xline
This zip-line is 1km long and is the current world’s longest urban zip-line. It starts from a tall residential building and you will fly over the road, over the water of the Marina and a bridge before landing on a platform of the Dubai Marina Mall. It’s quite exciting to pass over people walking, in their cars or boats and scream at them! The zip-line is a 16-degree decline, hitting 60km/h in just 2.5s with a top speed of close to 80km/h. The whole experience goes through quite fast but very enjoyable to “jump off” a building towards nothing! This is probably the best view of the Marina you can get!
This zip-line runs from 9 AM to 5 PM daily and you need to be between 12 to 65 years old, taller than 130 CM, weight somewhere in between 50 to 100 KG and in good medical health!
How does the Dubai Marina Zip-line work?
- You must book your flight in advance.
- There is free parking in the Marina Mall if you are driving. The Xdubai Zipline stand is on the main ground floor of the mall where you must come a bit earlier to “check-in your flight”. It is mandatory to bring some valid ID (passport, driving license or Emirates ID) and your booking email, you can show it from your phone.
- After making sure you are the right weight and height, you will sign the usual disclaimer forms, followed by a presentation of the instructions. All your belongings will have to be locked. Lockers are available where the stand it.
- Then you will take a short bus ride to the building you fly from.
- You will be each given a GoPro camera, which you will have to carry until you are at the residential tower where the staff will install the GoPro on the helmet along with the harness. Note that the footage is free and they will make a video for you which will be sent a few days after the activity.
- You will be waiting for your turn on the 42nd floor which you should totally enjoy the wonderful view to the water, Dubai Ain Wheel and Palm Jumeirah. Whilst the views from the rooftop are spectacular, it is the most unnatural feeling to know that, in just a few minutes, you will be launching through the air from that roof.
- For the flight, you will be in a superman position, face forward!
Would you recommend the Dubai Marina Zip-line?
Definitely! If you are a adrenaline junky or like to try new things, you definitely have to take some time to do this experience! Our only negative point about this activity is that it takes at least 2 hours of your day. If you are busy that day, you might not want to plan your day to the second!
Disclaimer: This page contains affiliate links. We use them as a way of assisting us in maintaining our website and follow our passion. Please use them when you are booking as it supports us greatly. This is not a paid review and all opinions are our own. Thank you.